Pediatric Triumphs

Sophie: An allergic reaction to amoxicillin

At 6 months old, Sophie had an allergic reaction to amoxicillin. Her parents, Connie and Jake, had no idea what was going on because Sophie had taken this medicine before with no previous reaction. Sophie’s face was extremely swollen, so much so that her eyes were almost completely shut. Connie and Jake rushed her to Children’s Hospital of Georgia‘s Emergency Department. The family had an excellent experience in the ED, especially when the doctors distracted Sophie with bubbles in order to perform the necessary tests. Sophie is now a happy and healthy 27-month-old!

1 Comment

  • Terry had his first allergic reaction to eggs and almost died when first started eating table food. He has since been referred to Asthma Immunology and is allergic (anaphylactic) to Eggs, Peanuts, Treenuts (anaphylaxis) and has Eosinophillic Esophagitis and treated by Peds GI for that. We won’t move away because the Children’s Hospital has taken such good care of him. He is nearly 15 years old now and we have had plenty of opportunities to move but we won’t because of his health and the great care he has received at CHOG.

Leave a Comment