As conditions continue to change with a rise in COVID cases in our facilities, AU Health is continuing to adjust to the situation. In addition to recently reinstating the masking guidelines, we are reinstituting modified family presence, starting at 7 a.m. on Wednesday (July 28).
Highlights of these changes include:
- One support person/designated caregiver for adult and pediatric patients for all settings (including periop, ED and clinics); support person may switch out with another support person.
- To ensure physical distancing and to limit exposure, individuals may not wait or congregate in public lobbies or in waiting areas on units.
- Children under age 18 may not enter the hospital unless they are the patient.
- Children with a clinic appointment within the hospital will be given a blue Roary sticker to indicate they have a clinic appointment (but not in MOB/practice sites).
- For any exceptions, contact Nursing Supervisor.
We know all the changes in practices can be hard to keep up with, but the situation with COVID keeps changing, and as such, we have a responsibility to protect our patients, community, and our most valuable asset, you!